As we move further into our very techie age, more and more companies encourage their consumers to go paperless. In truth, a lot of people don’t take advantage of what going paperless has to offer. Many customers are reluctant to make the switch. They see online billing as just another way computers are taking over the world or another way they can compromise their privacy.
Of course, that’s not the case. We don’t live in the movie iRobot. Online banking is typically very high on security. For these things, I am grateful.
However, these consumers fail to see the benefits:
1. Getting e-statements from your companies is very eco-friendly. No more paper pushing on either end. You’re saving trees.
2. Convenience. You don’t have to waste a check from your checkbook or spend money on a stamp. (I’m sure everyone has already heard they’re raising the price of stamps again soon!)
3. Billing fees are either eradicated or greatly reduced. Our choice for auto insurance: Commerce Insurance, for example, cuts out billing fees entirely if you switch to EFT (electronic funds transfer)!
4. You never lose your information because it’s all online. Always in the same place. Think of how easily we lose bank statements and receipts at home!
5. Get a kickback. Companies will sometimes pay you for going paperless. Citizens Bank, for example, implemented their Greensense program in 2008. It turns off your paper statements and reimburses you for it!
If you’re interested in switching to EFT with any of our companies, give our office a call! You won’t regret it! 🙂