Mass. is going to start offering rebates for the purchase of newer, energy efficient air conditioners ($150 for energy-efficient and $50 rebate if you are replacing an older model). The program starts after July 28 (via CBS Boston and Mass.gov).
Unfortunately, the hot days are here now. If you haven’t heard already, then you probably don’t watch the news: Forecasters are predicting record-breaking temperatures for today and tomorrow (via CBS Boston).
Here are 5 tips on how to stay cool [South Shore Edition]– aside from doing the regular thing like drinking a TON OF WATER and staying in the shade:
1. Visit Peaceful Meadows on Rte 18 in Whitman for some amazing, homemade ice cream.
2. Go Ice Skating at Pilgram Skating Arena on Recreation Park Drive in Hingham. Ice rinks are definitely a great place to get cool!
3. Take a swim in a big pool at Webb’s Pro Fitness on Rte 53 in Norwell.
4. SHOP, SHOP, SHOP! Malls are air-conditioned so take a drive to the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA.
5. Museums are air-conditioned too. Did you know that local libraries have free or heavily discounted passes to places like the Museum of Science, the Boston Aquarium, the ICA, the Isabella Steward Gardner Museum, Roger Williams Park Zoo, etc. (See Norwell Public Library’s Museum Pass Page).