So, the forecast today is in the triple-digits. Yes, we still live in Boston.
Keep these tips in mind as you make your way through today.
1. Don’t shy from turning on your air conditioners.
2. Drink NON-alcoholic beverages. Alcohol dehydrates you. Stay hydrated.
3. Wear appropriate clothing. That means no turtlenecks.
4. Schedule outdoor activities so they are in the morning or late afternoon, avoiding the heat of the day.
5. Monitor those at risk of heat-related illness (adults over 65 & children).
6. Do NOT leave children or pets in cars.
7. Limit sun exposure.
8. If possible, stay inside.
[SOURCE: CDC Extreme Heat Guide]