NBA Insurance advises you all to be prepared for the upcoming storm. Of course, collect the necessities: water, food, flashlights, batteries, radio in case of power loss. Stay away from windows. You know the basics. Even if you don’t, here are some more:
1. Bring outdoor objects inside.
2. Close storm shutters.
3. Turn off propane tanks and only use your phone for emergencies.
4. Evacuate if the following conditions apply:
- You are required or advised to do so.
- You live in a mobile home.
- You live in a high-rise.
- You live on the coast or in a flood-prone area.
- If you feel you could be in danger.
5. Reinforce weak or vulnerable areas.
6. Remove any trees that, if fallen, would damage your property.
For more tips, visit FEMA’s website.