It’s probably been quieter around your home since the little ones went back to school! God bless public education.
Unfortunately, school also means LOTS OF HOMEWORK.
Here are my Top 5 Resources to help your child when assignments get tough:
1. Quincy Tutoring – Founded only a year or so ago by Eric Clark, Quincy Tutoring is an incredible online resource for finding passionate and affordable tutors by zip code or subject area.
2. Grammarly – Grammarly is an online services that performs spelling, grammar, punctuation, plagiarism, and vocabulary checks and edits on any text you paste into a text box on their website.
3. LiveMocha – LiveMocha is an online portal specializing in foreign language lessons. It is free to join and they provide quizzes and lessons no matter your learning level.
4. ProjectGutenberg – ProjectGutenberg is an online compendium of more then 36,000 titles. It is known for being the earliest attempt to digitalize literature.
5. Your Local Library! – People forget they have a library sometimes. Even if they do not have the book you are looking for, your local reference librarian specializes in research methods. It’s free, so give it a shot! 🙂